At NEWORLD Medical Detox, we believe that clients needing treatment should be able to access such help quickly. We know that motivation waxes and wanes, and you want to strike while the iron is hot.
We know how you or your loved one might be suffering from unpleasant symptoms right now or will be imminently.
The process of admission to our facility is smooth and swift. Once a pre-admission assessment is done over the phone, the Clinical Director will decide on your admission date and approximate period of stay.
We will do our best to accept you at our premises on the same day after the pre-admission assessment.
– Motivated to start addiction treatment. We cannot keep a client against their will.
– Complete the pre-admission in-take assessment done over the phone.
What to bring with you upon admission:
Most important is to bring a positive attitude…
– Provincial health card and ID
– Drug benefit plan card if any
– Names and contact details for key contacts
– Sleepwear and slippers
– Your personal pillow from home if you wish
– Suitable seasonal clothing
– Prescription medication (if any). Medication will be revised by our medical doctor.
– Toiletries not containing alcohol (shaving cream, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.)
– Your preferred reading material if any.
– Your preferred music downloaded on a device that has no access to the internet.
– Preferred pictures of family or friend.
– Cash for incidental expenses.
All items will be revised by our security team.
Non permitted items:
– Laptop or tablet
– Clothing suggesting drug use or racism
– Expensive jewelry, sunglasses or watches
– Weapons (including pocket knives)
– Paraphernalia (drugs and/or alcohol)
– Toiletries containing alcohol
We ask that you keep your pets at home, with the exception of service animals. All service animals MUST have their certified vests and/or documentation present.
At NEWORLD, we believe that your safety and the safety of others is of utmost importance. Facility is monitored by cameras 24/7. Thank you for your understanding.
Please review this preadmission information package for more details.
Please contact us for any questions or concerns.
- Above and Beyond: Rebuilding Lives Needs Holistic Treatment Not Just a ‘Point Program’
Fighting addiction is much more than just beating the symptoms of withdrawal. However you rate your level of addiction, know this: addiction has real, physical consequences. Simply cutting out the […]