We bring 20+ years of experience helping patients deal with various addictions. We perform assessments to plan the best path to recovery for you. A team of professionals is always by your side. Detox the right way with Neworld!
Oxycontin Addiction Treatment
At Neworld Medical Detox, we provide clients in Toronto and the rest of Ontario with specialized detoxification programs for OxyContin/oxycodone and opioid addiction. Our compassionate team of mental health and medical professionals includes a dedicated onsite Recovery Coordinator and specialized psychiatrist, offering holistic withdrawal management and exit plans tailored specifically for your unique needs, setting you on the path to recovery.
A better medical detox experience. A better chance at a new life.
If you or your loved one is trying to stop using opiates like OxyContin/oxycodone, don’t take any uneccessary risks. Trust an experienced team of caring professionals who really get to know you, supporting your mental and physical health every step of the way. We keep your personal needs at heart: that’s our commitment to providing the highest standard of ethical, person-centred care.
Why choose Neworld for Oxycodone Detox & Addiction Treatment in Toronto Ontario?
- Judgement-free mental health support from a team of friendly nurse practitioners. Most opioid detox centres take a purely “medical” approach that ignores clients’ past traumatic experiences and mental wellness. We go above and beyond the norm to help you reach your goals with compassion and respect.
- Dedicated on-site Recovery Coordinator. You always have the personalized attention you need to detox from OxyContin/oxycodone safely and comfortably.
- On-site specialized psychiatrist. Clients benefit from psychiatric assessments and care from a highly-qualified professional with years of experience helping people recover from opioid addiction.
- Best-in-class ethical standards. We hold ourselves to the highest bar of ethical medical detox practices. Our clients deserve no less.
- More personalized care. Your client information is kept within one cohesive team, ensuring nothing slips through the cracks. At other detox centres, clients get shuffled between on-site staff and contracted physicians before being transferred to an entirely different team at an outside inpatient addiction treatment centre. At Neworld, all of your care stays within the same connected team, even when you seamlessly continue your opioid addiction treatment journey at our sister facility, Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centre.
- Comfy, home-like setting. Why go through something as challenging as opioid detox in a sterile, uncomfortable environment? When you stay with us, you’ll feel like you’re right at home in a warm space surrounded by nature.
Services Information and Details
- Oxycodone (Brand name Oxycontin) is an opioid medication prescribed by doctors to treat acute and chronic pain, as well as moderate to severe diarrhea and cough (1).
- Oxycodone is a strong opiate, with misuse leading to addiction and potentially fatal overdose (1). We recommend medically supervised detoxification to safely manage withdrawal symptoms from opiates such as oxycodone.
- Neworld Medical Detox near Toronto specializes in providing the highest quality of care to people needing withdrawal management from opioids of any kind.
- We provide a safe, comfortable environment where individuals receive 24/7 supervision and, if needed, medications to maintain comfort as the person weans off the drug.
- There is a higher risk of relapse for individuals who do not seek inpatient addiction treatment for opioid addiction following medical withdrawal management (2).
- Our clients are offered a seamless transition to our sister addiction treatment centre, Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centre, located a short drive away. This program is the recommended next step after withdrawal management, addressing the root causes of addiction for the best chance of achieving long-term recovery from opioid use disorder.
Oxycodone/Opioid Detox Treatment
One of the first steps to safely recover from opioid use disorder is to discontinue use with the help of medical withdrawal management at an inpatient medical detox program. Patients at Neworld Medical Detox in Toronto and Ontario are safely tapered off substances under medical supervision until they are no longer experiencing unconfortable withdrawal symptoms.
Patients receive 24/7 support throughout their entire detox process from a team of medical professionals who specialize in managing opioid withdrawal.
For those who wish to pursue a post-detox addiction treatment program, we refer our patients to our sister centre, Trafalgar, just a short drive away from Neworld. There, you’ll participate in individual and group therapy sessions led by registered therapists and certified addiction counsellors, with the goal of finding the support and skills needed to achieve lasting recovery.
How Does Oxycodone/Opioid Detox Treatment Work?
Opioid withdrawal management (“detox”) starts by assessing the person’s physical and mental condition. We then develop a personalized care plan that addresses each client’s individual needs based on their health and medical history.
Patients are monitored by our care team 24/7 to ensure they stay well hydrated and nourished throughout the withdrawal period. They will also be closely monitored for any withdrawal symptoms and physical or emotional changes. Our medical and mental health professionals monitor vital signs, such as heart rate and blood pressure, and check for signs of depression or anxiety. Our onsite Recovery Coordinator supports the team of Nurse Practitioners who provide our clients compassionate, trauma-informed care every step of the way.
Two types of medical detox: Inpatient and Outpatient
Inpatient withdrawal management involves a person staying at an addiction treatment centre where they receive around-the-clock medical care. They also receive access to OATs (Opioid Agonist Treatments) such as Methadone or Suboxone/buprenophine, both evidence-based treatments for opioid use disorder (2).
Outpatient withdrawal management is typically used when an individual’s opioid dependence is not severe enough to require a stay at a full-time withdrawal management centre but still requires medical supervision throughout the process. For those who have severe opioid use disorder, outpatient care may not be adequate to prevent relapse due to physical and emotional withdrawal symptoms.
It is important to remember that withdrawal management alone, whether outpatient or inpatient, does not provide a lasting solution for individuals struggling with opioid use disorder. In fact, stand-alone withdrawal management without addiction treatment puts one at risk of overdose, because a relapse dose may be too strong if the body’s tolerance is lowered after tapering use (1). Addiction treatment programs, such as that offered at Trafalgar, are always recommended after the withdrawal symptoms are managed to achieve lasting recovery.
Why Do You Need Oxycodone/Opioid Addiction Treatment?
If you or a loved one has ever tried to quit Oxycondone or other opioids “cold-turkey”, you know that the withdrawal symptoms can be mild to severe, depending on the frequency and dose. The distress and emotional toll of severe opioid withdrawal syndrome creates a risk of relapse after a period of tapering use. Returning to a “normal” dose after your tolerance has lessened is associated with a higher risk of overdose (1). This is why we recommend medically supervised detox followed by an addiction treatment program. At Neworld, you’ll be supported and monitored for comfort as you prepare for your recovery journey, while Trafalgar’s accredited program teaches valuable skills to avoid relapse.
Withdrawal management and and addiction treatment are recommended for anyone struggling with opioid use disorder. Holistic care by health care professionals provides a better and safer foundation from which to kick start your recovery journey rather than attempting to quit at home. Through our program at Neworld Medical Detox, those experiencing an Oxycodone or opioid addiction will start on the path toward a better future.
Benefits of medically supervised opioid withdrawal management (“medical detox”) for Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone, and other Opioids
Medical detox for Oxycodone and/or Hydromorphone is a safe and effective way to overcome the physical withdrawal from halting use of opioid drugs. The individual will be able to reduce cravings for these substances in comfort with support from a team of medical professionals.
The Risks of Opioid Use
Because opioids are available by prescription, many people do not realize the risks associated with these powerful medications. Long-term use of opioids (1) at high doses can result in the following:
- increased tolerance
- substance use disorder
- liver damage
- infertility in women
- increased pain
How Oxycodone and Opioid Use Spirals Into Addiction or Opioid Use Disorder
Opioid drugs are often prescribed by doctors to treat pain. Even those who use opioids as prescribed risk developing addiction or opioid use disorder with long-term use. As your body gets used to the drug, you will develop a tolerance and require increasing amounts to feel the same effect. You may also feel withrawal effects if you lower your dose (1).
Increased tolerance and dependence from prescribed opioid use can spiral into non-prescribed or problematic use of opioids. The person then gradualy needs to use more powerful opioids such as fentanyl and heroin to achieve the same effects or to simply feel “normal.” This is how prescribed opioid use can lead to addiction and dangerous drug use.
Symptoms of Opioid Withdrawal
When an individual is experiencing Oxy addiction and suddenly stops using the medication, they may experience a variety of withdrawal symptoms. These can range from mild to severe, depending on how long the person has been taking the drug and how much they have taken (1). Physical withdrawal from opioids may include the following symptoms:
- sweating and chills
- aches and general discomfort
When Does Oxycodone or Opioid Withdrawal Start?
Oxycontin withdrawal symptoms will vary in severity and onset depending on an individual’s usage history, but typically start 24-72 hours after the last dose (3).
How Long Does Oxycodone or Opioid Withdrawal Last?
Although the duration of withdrawal symptoms varies from person to person, they typically peak around one week (3). Symptoms may linger for several weeks after the last dose.
What Factors Influence Oxycodone or Opioid Withdrawal Timelines?
Various factors can contribute to withdrawal timelines, such as how much has been taken and how long the individual has been taking the drug (1).
Helping Someone Withdrawing or Detoxing From Opioids
If someone you love is experiencing Oxycodone addiction, it’s crucial to understand how you can support them. In addition to listening without judgment, helping them find a trusted opioid medical detox program is the first step. Call Neworld Medical Detox if you have any questions to ask on their behalf. One of our qualified team members will be happy to provide answers and advise you with the best available options.
Simple gestures like offering to take care of some household tasks such as cleaning or cooking could make a world of difference to the individual as they take the first steps toward recovery.
Lastly, those struggling with an opioid addiction should be advised to enter an addiction treatment program to compliment their withdrawal management. The counselling and therapy offered at centres like Trafalgar are important for helping patients maintain lasting sobriety.
Oxycodone and Opioid Withdrawal Coping Tips
- Take it slow and steady: Quitting opioids cold turkey can be tough. it may be easier to gradually transition away from drug use so as to avoid distressing withrawal symptoms. Always speak to your physician if you’re planning to change your dose.
- Seek out professional support: Finding a qualified medically supervised withdrawal management program (Medical Detox Program) can help provide necessary guidance and support during the detoxification period. The team at Neworld is experienced in providing detox from opioids like oxycodone, and can help connect patients with addiction treatment programs such through our sister centre Trafalgar, near Toronto.
- Join local support groups: Joining a local support group like Narcotics Anonymous (NA) or another 12-step program is an excellent way of receiving advice from peers. You’ll better understand the dynamics of the recovery process itself and receive much-needed support when times get tough along the way.
- Stay connected with friends/family: Maintaining relationships with close family members or friends who are supportive in a non-judgmental environment could be an invaluable resource when it comes to keeping morale high during withdrawal.
- Utilize relaxation techniques: Relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation, and deep breathing exercises can act as powerful tools and aid the detoxing process by reducing stress levels.
In-patient Medically Supervised Opioid Withdrawal Management or Medical Detox from OxyContin/oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone, and other opioids in Ontario
At Neworld Medical Detox, our experienced team of professionals provides personalized care and medical supervision as they alleviate withdrawal symptoms of Oxycontin or Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone, and other opioids. We aim to provide a strong foundation for long-term recovery which includes access to OAT (Opioid agonist therapies). Our inpatient facility is designed to feel home-like, so your recovery journey can begin comfortably.
Start Your Recovery with Neworld Medical Detox in Ontario
Putting a stop to substance use is never easy, particularly when it comes to strong painkillers like Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone and other opioids. Neworld Medical Detox’s experienced team can help those dealing with withdrawal in Ontario to safely detox from use and start their path to recovery. Our evidence-based program is designed to maximize individual success while minimizing discomfort during the withdrawal process. Contact us today for more information on our comprehensive detox program.
What Is the Next Treatment Step?
The next step towards recovering from Oxycodone addiction is to give us a call or email us today. Our team at Neworld Medical Detox provides individualized care customized to each patient’s needs in order to help them start on their road to long-term sobriety. After successful detox at Neworld, patients can transition seamlessly to our five-star inpatient centre, Trafalgar, where they receive a minimum 30-day addiction treatment program. At Trafalgar, individual and group therapy sessions help you stay sober and improve your overall health and well-being. Contact us to get started today!
Information on this page is for informational purposes only, and does not replace personalized medical advice. You should never make any decisions about your health without consulting a healthcare professional, especially when related to substance use or mental health. To speak to a qualified member of our team for personalized advice, you can contact us here.
Over 20 years Experience
Over 20 years of experience focused on medical detox
Specialize in Methadone
We specialize in getting you off Methadone
Every client receives an individualized assessment from our counselors
We offer our services in Ontario.
5 Star facility
We are a 5 Star facility in a cozy and upscale countryside setting
Tailored treatment protocol following the most updated detox methods
A highly professional and dedicated team with extensive expertise in a variety of treatment areas
High Client Satisfaction
We deliver on-hand care and help clients to get ready for a new world.